News and Announcements
Pursuit: Aaron, Justin, Peyton, Nate, Cal, Anthony
Sprint Relay: Albi & Lachlan, Kevin & Orion
Alternates: Jake, Josh
Pursuit: Megan, Kendall, Ella, Liz, Casey, Claire
Sprint Relay: Stella & Ruby, Kiera & Emily
Alternates: Kate, Jessica
We will be leaving on Monday at 6:30 AM. The race schedule for the day is available in the team calendar. For those not racing but want to attend, please have your guardians excuse you from school. Looking ahead, the weather will be VERY cold, cold enough for the race to be delayed. I will keep the calendar schedule up to date along with the bus time here. There is no chalet at Hyland, so our bus will be our camp, along with a couple of tents closer to the course. Winter clothing will be essential. Additionally, this is an all day event, so please bring enough food and drinks. The boosters will be providing some snacks.
A message from Kami Thoen:
Heggies Pizzas are being delivered tomorrow 1/19! You can pick them up anytime after 7:00 p.m. tomorrow (Thursday, 1/19). They will be in my garage.
12229 Lily St. NW, Coon Rapids. Thanks!
- Bus leaves at 7:15 from the high school.
- The first race will be the Boys at 10:00, followed by the Girls at 11:30
- The course will be around 3.0 Km. The course is predominantly flat to easy rolling, with some short gradual climbs, and some more challenging hills.
- Spectator parking will be at Trailview Elementary just to the west of the Nordic Center
- Parents/fans/coaches that would like to be out on the course, there will be an area in which they can park on the north end of the course off of County Road 70.
- The restrooms in the Vasaloppet Center and the Maintenance Garage will be available, but there will also be porta potties available. Trailview Elementary will be available for use, but they would like to keep that limited.
- T-shirts for sale again this year. The shirts will be $10 and will be sold in the maintenance garage. There will also be various concession items sold, including chili and soup.
- A map of the course in included in the documents section of our TeamPage
Here are the relay teams:
The document ABC_Teams_-_Sheet1.pdf was attached to this post.
A message from our Boosters:
ABC relays is coming up soon (January 14) and we are requesting some parent volunteers to help with a couple things:
1. Team Check In
2. T-shirt Sales during Boys races
3. T-shirt Sales during Girls races
4. Bib Pickup as the girls finish their races (we need quite a few people assisting in this effort as the girls come racing across the finish line in groups, and un-tying those bibs can be difficult in the cold).
Jill has created another signup genius for us to help capture this (Thank You Jill!). Please follow this link and sign up if you can help.
Here are the start times for Mesabi this Saturday. Everyone is welcome to come and cheer on your team mates!
Again bus will leave from the school at 5:30 AM and we should be back around 7 PM.
Please make sure you pack you winter boots and clothes for the 3hr long bus ride.